Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waiting, waiting...

I haven't posted anything for a while because things are out of my hands.
Currently waiting on a few things:
1. Coral homes are drawing up our modified plans. I should have them this week hopefully.
2. Engineer is redesigning the plans to accommodate us leaving our house on the top of the block while we build down the bottom; also moving the sewer position to the other side of the bounday so we can fit a pool in too.
3. When they're back (hopefully this week) we can resubmit all changes to the redland council thru our town planners and pay a $600 change fee. Cheap, hey? Not.
4. The engineer is also preparing a bill of quantities so we can get a few quotes to carry out all the necessary infrastructure works. That's been the biggest stumbling block so far, lots of coordination issues there that a project manager needs to oversee.

Some good news - I found a plan for a duplex to build on our top block once the bottom house has been built. Antech have a plan that is perfect and will hardly need any changes. I've been through the same duplex they built at Cleveland and the quality and design is great.

I just need the engineers plans before we can start town planning for the dual occupancy on the top block.

Once again, out of my hands.

This certainly is a lesson in patience. When we started the subdivision project earlier this year I imagined lounging by our pool about now. Might have to readjust that vision to xmas 2011.!

No comments:

Post a Comment